Rihanna, a 34-year-old pop diva has become Barbados’ first billionaire and richest female musician.
Rihanna’s net worth surpassed $1 billion in August 2021, due to her enormously popular Fenty Beauty makeup line. But Forbes just confirmed it by including the singer-entrepreneur on its yearly list of the world’s wealthiest individuals.
A quick run down, as provided by Forbes
- The popularity of the cosmetics company Fenty Beauty has made Rihanna, Barbados’ most renowned export, a billionaire.
- In 2020, the cosmetics company she co-owns with LVMH, a French luxury retailer, made more than $550 million in revenue.
- The majority of her fortune is invested in a fast-growing cosmetics company.
- She also owns a 30% stake in the Savage x Fenty lingerie line, which raised money in February 2021 at a $1 billion valuation.
- Her high-fashion apparel brand with LVMH—also known as Fenty—failed miserably and was shut down in February 2021.
Rihanna joins Peter Jackson, Melinda French Gates, and 233 other “new billionaires” on the list, with a net worth of $1.7 billion thanks to her shares in Fenty Beauty and her Fenty x Savage brand.
She is the first person from Barbados to be named to the list.
According to Forbes, her Fenty Beauty line “received over $550 million in revenue in 2020.”
She is ranked 1,729th richest person in the world, ahead of Jay-Z but behind Kanye West.
Kim Kardashian, for example, has a net worth of $1.8 billion, whereas neither Beyoncé nor Taylor Swift has joined the club of billionaire women. Baby, it’s all about the merch!
She’s also preparing for the upcoming delivery of her first child with her boyfriend ASAP Rocky in the midst of all of this.
Read more stories here