Late last month Jussie Smollett, the Empire actor, was attacked by two men who chanted racial and homophobic slurs. It appears Smollett gave a false report and has turned himself into the Police. Anthony Guglielmi, the Police spokesperson, has confirmed to the public that Smollett is already in custody. The actor’s legal team have said they are preparing a strong case in defense of their client.
A spokesperson representing the State Attorney’s office has told the press that approval for disorder conduct against Smollett has been issued. The spokesperson for the police said the actor could face up to three years of prison time if he is found guilty. The two Nigerian brothers initially arrested as suspects have been working with the Police to solve the case.
According to the Empire star’s lawyers, one of the men was hired to prepare Smollett for a music video. Jussie has been victimized for allegedly playing a role in the crime. The police have said that the actor will be arraigned on Thursday morning and an official press conference will hold at 7 am PT.