Frank James, the man accused of opening fire on a Brooklyn subway last month, has been charged on two federal counts.
According to an indictment filed on Friday, James was charged with one count of terrorist attack and other violence against a mass transportation system and one count of discharging a firearm during a violent crime.
The mass shooting left ten people with gunshot wounds and 19 others injured. Authorities said the suspect put on a gas mask, deployed a gas canister, and began shooting at least 33 times. Frank James was arrested the day after the shooting. A possible motive has not been revealed.
If convicted on the federal counts, James faces a maximum sentence of life in prison for each count.
Read more: 3 American Tourists Mysteriously Found Dead At The Sandals Resort In The Bahamas, 4th Hospitalized
Frank James, 62, was linked to YouTube videos in which he discussed violence and mass shootings.
Many of the videos James posted included references to violence, including a specific group of people he believed had maligned him, as well as broad societal and racial groups that he appeared to despise.
In one video posted online in February, he criticized New York City Mayor Eric Adams’ administration’s plan to address subway safety and homelessness in part through an increased presence of mental health professionals.
In the recording, James said the new effort was “doomed to fail” and described his own negative experience with city health workers during a previous “mental health crisis.”